Acceptable Use Policy
Grey provides foreign virtual accounts to customers thus enables customers to receive and make payments subject to certain eligibility requirements which may depend on your occupation, country of residency or incorporation, applicable anti-money laundering regulations, Grey risk management policies or procedures and other factors used by us to determine such eligibility from time to time at our sole discretion.
To avoid fraud and money laundering activities we do not accept users with unknown sources of income or ambiguous lines of businesses/ occupations. Our users are encouraged to show reasons why they need a foreign virtual account. Grey reserves the right to refuse your virtual account application and Grey will only verify your application if on viewing your submitted documents and details we are satisfied that the nature of business being carried out by a user is such that he/she will be using a foreign virtual account for transactions.
Our platform is to be used in:
- receiving your salary or wages;
- receiving payouts from e-commerce and freelancer platforms;
- receiving payments from family, friends or other people you know for personal purposes;
- receiving payments from your clients and other third parties for the purpose of business payments
Restrictions on using our Platform
Transacting on your own account
All activities under a Grey account shall be deemed as activities carried out by the registered user. You shall only use the services to transact on your own account and not on behalf of any other person or entity. You agree not to authorize any other person or entity to use your user name and password or mobile device to access the Services. You are solely responsible for the maintenance, confidentiality, and security of your username, password, and other User Information.
Grey would not be responsible for any losses arising out of the loss or theft of your User Information or your mobile device or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with your Grey Virtual Account. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized activity or access to your username, password, or mobile device, you must contact us immediately to restrict or block your account.
One account per person or entity
you may only open one Grey account unless we have agreed in writing, the opening of additional accounts. Grey may refuse the creation of duplicate accounts for the same user. Where duplicate accounts are detected, Grey may close or merge these duplicate accounts at its sole discretion.
1. Restricted activities
You may use our platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation, or causes Grey to breach any applicable law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- for anything that is abusive, harmful, or does not comply with our content standards;
- for any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional material, or any other form of spam;
- to deal in harmful programs such as viruses, spyware, or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Not to use your Grey virtual account in a manner that is likely to result in complaints, disputes, reversals, chargebacks, or other liabilities to Grey, other Customers, third parties, or you.
2. Restricted line of businesses
Grey does not service transactions relating to the following Restricted Lines of Business including but not limited to:
- Illegal Activities- Any criminal or illegal act that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation. – e.g. Illegal narcotics, child pornography, human trafficking, terrorist financing, stolen goods, illegal wildlife trade
- Currency exchange, including crypto-currencies and FX
- Investment or “get rich quick” merchants, businesses or programs.
- Counterfeiting and Copyright infringement
- Reselling event tickets
- sale and purchase of firearms, firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives
- Adult entertainment and/or adult content websites
- All Drugs and Pharma
- unlicensed financial services, stocks or other securities;
- Items or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance
- any product or service that is illegal or marketed or sold in such a way as to create liability to Grey.
Grey may pre-approve the use of its Services in connection with some of the above, following review and examination of circumstances thereof, and subject to its sole discretion. Acts, products or services which constitute a breach of applicable laws or regulations will not be supported under any circumstances.Last Updated: February 2022